WiFi Agreement and Conditions of Use
Please read the following information carefully before using the wireless internet service provided by St. John's Lutheran Church. You may not use the wireless internet service without accepting these Terms and Conditions.
These “Terms and Conditions of Use” govern your rights and responsibilities and our rights and responsibilities relating to the use of St. John's Lutheran Church wireless Internet access system (“Wi-Fi System”).
The effective date of this Agreement is the date that you first click on “Log On.”
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use
In exchange for the opportunity to use our Wi-Fi System, you agree to the following terms. By clicking “Log On” [or checking the box indicating acceptance of terms], you represent that you have read, understand, and agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, you may not use the Wi-Fi System. Your electronic acceptance of this Agreement by clicking “Log On” has the same effect as if you had physically signed the Agreement. Please note that you are responsible for others’ use of our Wi-Fi System if they access it through your device.
Acceptable Internet Use Policy
This Acceptable Internet Use Policy (AIUP) applies to all users of the Wi-Fi System regardless of whether the computer or other device used to access the Wi-Fi System is owned by Ministry or any other person, entity, or organization. The following activities are strictly prohibited on the Wi-Fi System:
1) Any actions that are not consistent with the Biblically-based beliefs of the ministry St. John's Lutheran Church.
2) Any activities that violate local, state, or federal statutes.
3) Cracking/Hacking: Any attempt to circumvent user authentication or security designed to prevent access to any network, file, account, website, or other electronic or online source.
4) Denial of service attacks: Any attempt to use the Wi-Fi System (willfully or negligently) in a manner that encumbers processors, bandwith, or any other systems resources so as to interfere with or slow down the normal use of services, or any attempt to take a server or any other user offline.
5) The use of any TCP or UDP port scanners to scan remote networks without the express written consent of that networks’ administrator.
6) The creation or distribution to any internet user of any software or other electronic data that contains viruses, malware, trojans, or other malicious material that is designed to interrupt, interfere with, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, or other electronic equipment.
7) Spamming: Uploading, posting, emailing, or otherwise distributing any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation.
8) Impersonating any person, entity, or organization, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person, entity, or organization.
9) Forging any email header to obscure the originator of a message.
10) Uploading, posting, emailing, or otherwise distributing any information or material that violates or infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any person, entity, or organization.
11) Uploading, posting, emailing, or otherwise distributing any materials that are slanderous or defamatory of another person, entity, or organization.
12) Stalking or otherwise harassing any third party. This includes, but is not limited to, the collection or storage, or the attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
13) The viewing, downloading, or distributing of any indecent, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise offensive images or material of any kind. Ministry reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine what images or materials are indecent, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise offensive.
Privacy and Security
While you are using the Wi-Fi System, St. John's Lutheran Church reserves the right to track your use of the internet and specific websites in order to ensure compliance with the terms of this Agreement. Additionally, please note that the WiFi System is not secured. Third parties may intercept any information sent or received via the Wi-Fi System. Additionally, interruptions in service may occur at any time.
St. John's Lutheran Church reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and revoke your access to the Wi-Fi System at any time, without notice, and for any reason including, but not limited to, the violation of the AIUP contained in this Agreement.
You agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold St. John's Lutheran Church and its employees, representatives, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, settlements, and costs of any nature whatsoever (including reasonably attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject as a result of or in any way connected with your use of the Wi-Fi System or any breach of this Agreement.
Click "Log On" to agree to the terms and access the WiFi system.